One of the tricks of the enemy is to make people imagine that God is sovereign and that the answers their prayers depend on the wishes of God and so they sit and wait for their blessings to manifest.
Your expectation is needed for all the blessings of God to be released. There are many blessings still hanging over people’s lives but because their expectation level is so low they can not tender the proper respond in other to align their faith to receive the blessings
Expectations are like elevators, they will only elevate you to the level of your choice!
Lets’ consider this text from Proverb 23:18…For surely there is a reward, and thine expectation shall not be cut off. These rewards are linked to the levels of expectations.
Many wonderful believers are unknowingly disengaged in the area of expectation; by saying things like “I give but not because I am expecting something” or “I serve God with all my heart and he does not have to bless me” they relegate their faith a mere wish. They forget that the blessing is highly needed to survive on this side of the heavens. It is God who gave mankind the blessing in the first place and expects us to demand and activate the blessing in our lives because the original plan was for man to live a blessed life but satan stole that privilege but thank God we have it back in Christ Jesus ( Luke 4:6 / Galatians 3:13).
Another word for expectation is Hope. So I maybe using this word interchangeably. In passing, I must say “It makes good sense to hope for God to raise you up so that you can be a blessing to your generation”
Few reasons for the disengagement of expectation.
1. Where there is no true repentance. True repentance allows the Holy Ghost to create that supernatural hope in the heart of the believer, to where tribulations and persecution will not prevent one from hoping on the Lord (Romans 5:5)
2. False humility: Many have attributed suffering, lack, poverty, sickness as a way of attaining true purity and staying away from worldly lust and temptation and forgetting that temptation and lust have nothing to do with the external but is to with falling nature of man. This false humility engenders a weak a the heart to believe for the great things in God. This truth confirms, that the rich and poor are both susceptible to temptations of all sorts. (1 Corinthians 10:13)
3. Ignorance of the Love of God…The scripture reveals God not as a God of love but a God who is Love. In other words, God is incapable of having another emotion other than Love. He does not have another source of motivation other than that of love. Matthew 7:11… If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?
4. Disappointments: – Through many disappointments and let downs many have relegated their hope or expectation to a lower playing field because they imagine that certain prayer will not get God’s attention and they happen to treat their case a little more special while imaging holding the fort until Jesus comes. (Mark 4:17)
5. Seeing God as a Human. Remember in the book of Numbers, God called out to the children of Israel and declared His differences to that of men when it comes to the fulfillment of promises. So many have treated God as a man (mankind), they are afraid that God may turn around and change His mind or maybe fall short. They imagine that God may just be promising so much but may end up delivering less.( Numbers 23:19… God is not a man, that he should lie; neither the son of man, that he should repent: hath he said, and shall he not do it? or hath he is spoken, and shall he not make it good? )
6. A Reliance on personal resources. Many judge their expectation based on what they have and not what God ask them to have from Him. Like the expectation to buy a building more expensive that your income may seem far-fetched or to embark on a huge project, with limited funds as ones focus one will lose sight to expect help from God and lose the opportunity to do great things for God. (Genesis 19:17-18)
7. Logical thinking. The supernatural will not work when we expect from God with our five sense knowledge. When we try to figure the promises of God in the realms of logics we will always come short of expectation. For example terminal diseases and other genetic oriented disease, many will say why trusting in God when this is terminal, why not simply make plans and accept it. We are not against plans but many have dropped their hope too early for logical thinking. (Proverb 23:7)
8. Sin issues: When we engage in sinful acts our spirit will disengage from the promises of God and evidently because He is Holy presence, condemnation will raise up in the heart of the believers which will cause a disengagement from hope. Sin will pull one into an area of feeling sorrow for oneself and that is where self-mutilation occurs, where people begin to tire themselves up in guilt and at this point they will now find it difficult to expect from God. At this point, one need to confess and come right back to the place of faith and hope.(Prover 14:34)
9. Low prayer level. It is in the place of prayer we fan the flames of expectation. It is where the believer is reminded of the love of God and the promises of God. In prayer, we will find that God has the opportunity both to confirm and to remind the believer of His unfailing word and his undying love.(1 Thessalonians 5:17)
10. Not caring for other. When we engage in a true heartfelt prayer for others we are capturing the true heart of God and his expectation that all mankind should come to the Knowledge of His Son. God is a God of hope who looks forward every moment for the soul that are supposed to come back to him. When we stop to engage in caring and praying for the souls of mankind and assume a more serious approach to the great commission our hope will soon dissipate from God to ourselves (2 Peter 3:9)
Back to previous page